The Greensboro Science Center is an aquarium, gallery, and zoo – across the board area, for one cost! Situated in wonderful Greensboro, North Carolina, it’s the ideal method to go spend time with your family and friends.
- Read Also – Explore the Greensboro Ice House, North Carolina
Table of Contents
About the Greensboro Science Centre
The indoor aquarium highlights appealing penguins, adorable otters, beautiful fish, sharks, jellyfish, and substantially more. A stingray contact tank offers you the chance to contact beams, skates, and even little sharks! Check the day by day calendar and stick around for the day by day plunge, fish sustaining, or penguin feeding.
Outside in the zoo, you’ll get the opportunity to see crocodiles sunning themselves, gibbons swinging over their display, and meerkats standing watch.
Hands-on fun is accessible in our barnyard, where you can pet goats and sheep, play in the farmhouse, and watch NC crops, for example, cotton, develop from seed to collect. Overhead, watch SKYWILD members zip, slide, climb, and fly through the trees.
In case you’re feeling, out the treetop experience park a strive for yourself! The historical center highlights displays about dinosaurs, wellbeing and the human body, and climate.
SciPlay Bay, an intelligent kids’ play space is the ideal spot for most youthful pioneers to practice their creative energies.
Stop by the lower dimension of the historical center to take a gander at (and possibly meet) a few reptiles, creatures of land and water and bugs.
The historical center offers various shows and intelligent encounters, so make certain to get an OmniSphere Theater show, meet Tai the red panda (our inhabitant SciPlay Bay sea traveler), or look at an Adventure Theater show highlighting Indiana Bones or the melodic meerkat companions!
What to See in Greensboro NC
- Aquarium: The Greensboro Science Centre aquarium has a colorful aquatic life on display that includes red lionfish, eartheaters, African Penguins, giant Pacific Octopus, Shark Reef, Golden Lion Tamarin, Fishing Cat, Green Anacondas and more.
- Museum: The museum will take you among the ancient animals and educational and interactive exhibitions.
- Zoo: You can amuse yourself in the zoo by watching the cute Alpaca, Black Howler Monkey, Tammar Wallaby, Peacocks, and many more amazing creatures.
You Help To Conserve Wildlife
Every time you go visit the Greensboro Science Centre, you support wildlife conservation. Twenty-five cents of each entry ticket is allocated to conservation efforts run by the center.
When you enter, you will receive a token that allows you to cast a vote for 1 of 3 conservation projects which are.
- Oceana: Established in 2001, it is the largest international advocacy organization focused only on ocean conservation.
- Save the Golden Lion Tamarin
- The Orianne Society: The Society is dedicated to conserving amphibians, reptiles and the ecosystems they inhabit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. I found an injured animal. What do I do?
A. The Greensboro Science Center is not licensed to rehabilitate injured wildlife. We recommend visiting Piedmont Wildlife Rehab’s website to find a rehabber in your area.
Q. I can no longer care for my pet. Can you take him?
A. As an accredited AZA facility, we generally do not accept animals from the public. We recommend calling your local shelter or rescue organization for assistance.
Q. What are the visiting hours?
A. The zoo usually opens from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Q. What is the admission fee?
A. You have to an admission fee which includes admission to the aquarium, museum, and zoo. The fee chart is below:
- Children 2 and Under: Free
- Children (ages 3 – 13): $13.50
- Seniors (ages 65+): $13.50
- Adults (ages 14 – 64): $14.50
- GSC Members: Free
Back to – Things to do in Greensboro NC