Table of Contents
Jacobson Park is a 216-acre park located in east Lexington. The park includes a reservoir used by the Kentucky American Water Company and Lakeside Golf Course.
- Basketball court
- Dog park
- Open playfields
- Shelters (7)
- Volleyball (4)
- 2 person pedal boats – $5.30 for 30 minutes, taxes included.
- 4 person pedal boats – $7.50 for 30 minutes, taxes included.
- 2 person kayak – $7.50 for 30 minutes, taxes included
- Boat launch – $3.20, taxes included
The Jacobson Park marina requires boat riders to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device (provided).
You must be 16 years of age or older to rent a boat. People under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a chaperone age 16 or older.
Fishing docks are located in several areas throughout the park and are accessible to wheelchairs. You must have a valid Kentucky fishing license if you are age 16 or older.
There is no charge to fish at this park. Vending machines and restrooms are available at the marina.
Jacobson Park offers seven shelters which may be rented by families and groups seven days a week. Each shelter has the following:
- Picnic tables for your comfort
- Can accommodate at least 50 people.
Note: Shelter #4 is the largest shelter with accommodate 100 persons. It rents for $100 per day, plus tax.
Shelters rates vary between $50 – $100 per day, plus tax.
Indoor restroom facilities are located near shelters #1, #2 and #3.
ADA pedal boat
The ADA pedal boat is designed for individuals who use manual wheelchairs and who are not physically able to pedal the boat. Power wheelchairs are not permitted on the pedal boat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. When can I visit Jacobson Park?
A. You can visit Jacobson Park:
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Q. Where is Jacobson Park situated?
A. The address is 4001 Athens Boonesboro Rd, Lexington, KY 40509, USA.
Q. Is parking available?
A. Yes, parking is available nearby.
Q. Can I bring my pet with me?
A. Yes, you can bring your pet but it should be leashed.
Q. What are some nearby attractions?
A. You can visit:
- Cathedral of Christ the King- 6.92 km away
- Lexington Peddlers Mall- 5.84 km away
- Lexington Ice Center- 3.07 km away
Q. What are some nearby restaurants?
A. you can have some delicious delicacies at:
- City Barbeque- 2.44 km away
- Sutton’s Italian Restaurant- 2.81 km away
- Texas Roadhouse- 2.75 km away
- Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine- 2.52 km away
Q. Can I come with my friends for fishing?
A. Sure, If you want to fish bring your poles as there are several places to drop your line.
Back to – Things to do in Lexington KY